In 1988, as a graduate student at the University of Texas at Austin, I raised funding to launch Texas Papers in Foreign Language Education (TPFLE) and later edited its first issue. At the Chinese University of Hong Kong, I co-edited the Asian Journal of English Language Teaching (AJELT) from 1996 to 2006. (I named both journals.) Thus, my experience as a journal editor runs to nearly 20 years. I have also served on the Editorial Boards of five journals and reviewed manuscripts for ten journals. Hence, if you wish to launch an academic journal or strengthen an existing journal, I could advice you on the following aspects:
• setting-up editorial policy
• recruiting editorial board members
• designing submission guidelines
• recruiting manuscript reviewers
• setting-up review guidelines, and
• marketing the journal to an international audience.
For more information on the services I could provide, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org